As per Section 19 of the Sexual harassment of women at workplace (Prevention, Prohibition and Redressal) Act, 2013, every employer shall:
- Provide a safe working environment at the workplace which shall include safety from the persons coming into contact at the workplace;
- Display at any conspicuous place in the workplace, the penal consequences of sexual harassments; and the order constituting,
- Internal Committee under subsection (I) of section 4;
- Organize workshops and awareness programmes at regular intervals for sensitizing the employees
- Provide necessary facilities to the Internal Committee or the Local Committee for dealing with the complaint and conducting an inquiry;
- Assist in securing the attendance of respondent and witnesses before the Internal Committee or the Local Committee, as the case may be;
- Provide assistance to the woman if she so chooses to file a complaint in relation to the offence
- Treat sexual harassment as a misconduct under the service rules and initiate action for such misconduct;
- Monitor the timely submission of reports by the Internal Committee.
A team of legal expert in Centre4POSH provides sensitization training to the employer and assist the organization in complying with the employer’s duty for the effective implementation of the SH Act.